Inserting a second object

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

laschapas

Inserting a second object

Post by laschapas » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:14 pm

When trying to insert a SECOND object to a family I get the following error message:-

DBISAM Engine Error #9729 Duplicate key found in the index 'OrderIdx' of the table 'Objects'

I have created a new database; added one family; added one object, no problem. The object is a text file ie. extension .TXT I insert a second object, again using "Create from file"; select [Browse]; pick a second text file; [Open] the file; [OK] the Insert Object window; click the Accept edit tick; then the error message pops up.

I am on version 3.0.4

John Wood

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. We will get this fixed in the next update.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:38 pm

This problem was fixed in V3.0.5

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Hi Nick,

I have upgraded to version 3.0.5 and retried the multiple text file object and it worked ok. There is a BUT however. Testing the various types of file that can be linked produces strange results. I realize that the list of available file types will depend on what software I have on my system. From the Object form I select [Add new object]; fill in the [Description] field and right click the thumbnail window to open the Insert object window. Using the [Create New] option to create a Media Clip or Wave Sound creates an empty file in the thumbnail box. A right click on the thumbnail and the file can be edited with the appropriate Microsoft application in its normal form. If I select a Microsoft Word or Open Office document the appropriate application is not opened. Instead the Object form window is used as the application window with the text field confined to the thumbnail window. The toolbars of the application are overlayed onto the Query form window. Presumably the problem is with how the list of Object Types is selected and how the file extension is linked to the application, but the file extension is not shown so it is difficult to check. Looking at the File Type list and the associated application in Microsoft Folders gives some clue as to what is going on. But the current list of file types available will certainly create confusion to anyone trying to use the Create New object type.

John Wood