Complex charts in Legacy TreeDraw 3

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Claire Husselbee

Complex charts in Legacy TreeDraw 3

Post by Claire Husselbee » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:04 am

I've just bought Legacy Tree Draw 3 and have Legacy 4. I'm trying to produce a chart that includes absolutely everyone in my Legacy Family file. How can this be done?

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:05 am

To acheive what you are trying to do, you do have to import multiple trees into the same chart using the "Import | Descendant tree" option.
Having imported the main bulk of the tree using the oldest ancestor as the root person, you then import each of the missing branches but limiting the number of generations so that only the required people are imported.
Naturally there will be one or two people who are duplicated but these can be easily deleted and then the various branches moved around and joined up.

Creating an Ancestral Tree provides a good reference to help you make sure that you import all the available people.

Graham Hadfield

Post by Graham Hadfield » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:05 am

I would add to what Nick says that, whilst this method does involve more effort than programs which generate All In One trees "instantly", the end result - IMHO - is far superior because of the control over layout which TreeDraw gives.

Regards,
Graham