Records Modified

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

ballarj2

Records Modified

Post by ballarj2 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi,

A while ago I discovered I'd been updating the wrong version of my Kith&Kin database, I didn't know for how long.
Never mind I thought I can use the 'Records Modified' option on the 'Tools' menu for each database and look for any discrepancies.

On investigation it seems that updating an individual/family data sources or any of the notes fields does not update the 'date modified' flag. I had to print the 143 pages of one of the trees and compare EACH fact!

Is this easily recified.

Regards,

John

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:58 am

Hi,
At present the "Records modified" function only notes changes to the people and families records. I'm not sure if we can add this feature to source records.

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi John,

I have also noted that the "Records Modified" date is not updated when I update any notes. When I remember, I bang the space bar in an empty field of the person or family record followed by the backspace key; this sets the "Records Modified" flag and then I can hit the [Update] key. I agree it would be better if this update was automatic. Updating source references to an event also does not automatically update the "Records Modified" flag. Adding an extra child to a family is another event that does not automatically update the "Records Modified" flag. Presumably this is because all these changes are to a different database file.

John Wood

ballarj2

Post by ballarj2 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:07 pm

John,

Sorry it's been a while since I've been here. Thanks for the tip; same as you "If I remember to hit the space bar" it'll be OK.

John