dbisam engine error

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

yenrac99

dbisam engine error

Post by yenrac99 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:09 pm

dbisam engine error #8961 in alias file - corrupt header information in table aliases.
Recently had to wipe the drive- HP laptop - reloaded win 10 and programs. All data is stored on a separate network PC so unaffected. Downloaded and reinstalled KKP3. Have checked sharing and run as administrator. Have run against several backup files, with same error. can I rebuild the alias file?
Or what else.
Thanks

Nick Hunter

Re: dbisam engine error

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:32 am

Hi,
Have you tried "File | Database | Repair"? Either of the Aliases.dat or Aliases.idx files may be missing or invalid. Are you able to open the Sample_V3 database?

yenrac99

Post by yenrac99 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:28 pm

I am able to open the sample_v3 DB and it works correctly.
I ran the DB repair on the live DB. Now, when I Edit a person I get 'Field "Person Code' is not in the current index.' Upon OK'ing the error, I get the correct person. I am able to edit the person and the edit sticks. Further thoughts? (It appears that I could now live with this if I had to.)

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:38 am

Hi,
The only other alternative is to recover from a "good" backup, ie. one taken before this corruption occurred.

yenrac99

Post by yenrac99 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:57 pm

Opened my oldest backup (12/16)- got original error re: alias file. Ran repair on that DB - get current error - field person code is not in the current index. OK the error and the correct person comes up. As noted before, I can live with this if necessary. Thanks.