Kith and Kin Pro - latest version

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Peter Rawbone

Kith and Kin Pro - latest version

Post by Peter Rawbone » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 am

Good morning Nick,

Thanks for your email just received regarding v3.1.1 and the method of updating my (registered) programme.

According to Help\About my version is 3.1.0 but when selecting Update, I am advised that the programme is up to date.

Therefore, how do I obtain the current version?

Regards

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi,

It is possible that the "up-to-date" message is spurious because your PC is not connecting to the update server properly. You can try again in case the problem was temporary.

To update manually, simply go to the Kith and Kin Pro site http://kithkinpro.spansoft.org and click on the "Download" button. Then uninstall K&KPro3 and install the new version by double-clicking on the kithkinp.msi file you just downloaded.

Peter Rawbone

Post by Peter Rawbone » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Good morning Nick,

Many thanks for your rapid response. I tried to update from within the programme a couple of times but without success (my PC is running Windows 7 Pro, 32 bit).

So, I've done as you suggested and, Lo and Behold, I now have the latest version up and running. I did so with a little trepidation hoping that my data was safe. Needless to say all is OK!

I have registered the programme so your user database will probably have duplicate entries of my details but I am sure you will sort this out.

Thank you again

Regards