Preferences - Pictures - Shrink large images to fit screen

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

laschapas

Preferences - Pictures - Shrink large images to fit screen

Post by laschapas » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:15 am

Hi Nick,

In Options -> Preferences -> Pictures -> Shrink large images to fit screen, if selected the image is shrunk to fit the screen. If this option is not selected then part of the image will not be visible. But in this situation it is not possible to move the picture so that the not visible part becomes visible. The visible part is always the top left of the picture. This makes this option a bit pointless. Would it be posible to make the visible area movable around the picture. In an ideal world a zoom facility would also be available. Or, why not use the basic photo viewer built into Windows? I am on Windows 7 but there has always been a basic photo viewer in windows to my knowledge. Could Kith&KinPro detect which version of Windows it is running under and select accordingly?

John Wood

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Nick,

After strugling to drag the picture, right clicking, rolling the mouse wheel, etc. I have now found the slide bars at the edge of the screen, so I can see the not visible area of the picture, egg on face then. Why didn't I notice them before? I spent too much time reading the help file rather than looking at the picture on the screen. I could have deleted this message topic but will leave it here in case others have the same problem, or wish to comment.

John Wood