Access violation

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

bordercot196

Access violation

Post by bordercot196 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Hello Nick, I have Treedraw v4.4.1 installed on my laptop running W10, latest version. Haven't used the program for a while and found out that today the program will not open (even if I run it as administrator). When I double click on the desktop icon I am immediately presented with this error message :- " Access violation at address 006A4F4B in module TreeDraw.exe. Read of address 0000008." I am then told that Microsoft are being notified of the problem. Would appreciate any suggestions that you may have to remove this error message and allow the program to open.

Kind Regards
Barry Ibbetson

Nick Hunter

Re: Access violation

Post by Nick Hunter » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 am

Hi,

There are two possibilities. Either the program is corrupted or the options file is.

Please find the file C:\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\TreeDraw.ini and rename it to TreeDraw.ini.old then start up TreeDraw. This will reset the options file with default settings.

If this does not help please uninstall TreeDraw and reinstall it. The current version is V4.4.2.

bordercot196

Re: Access violation

Post by bordercot196 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply Nick. I decided to remove and re-install latest version of TreeDraw. Everything fine now, presume must have been a corrupt file.

Regards, Barry Ibbetson