Legacy imports

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Annabelle

Legacy imports

Post by Annabelle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Just relearning TD after several years not needing it. Have bought the latest upgrade, but can't figure the answers to several issues, and they are not coming up in the Help file - maybe I am using the wrong terminology?

1) the import doesn't 'hold' my Legacy settings - eg c. has become Cir. I also don't want C/Cir/Abt to start with a cap
2) a one-page tree is not centred on the page, and when I try and select all to move it, only the page will move, not the actual tree.
3) on Legacy reports I can remove the leading commas in places, but I can't see this option here
4) is it possible to globally insert a blank line between the b/m/d events?
5) could you define the term 'splash screen'

Thanks for your help
Anne

Nick Hunter

Re: Legacy imports

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi,

1) TreeDraw does not use your Legacy settings, it has its own settings which you can access from "Options | Preferences". However, to change date modifiers such as Cir, Bef, etc, please edit the TreeDraw.ini file which is in the "<user>\AppData\Roaming\TreeDraw Legacy Edition" folder. Look for the "[DateMods]" section and edit the text as required.

2) Please make sure that your cursor is over one of the selected chart elements before trying to drag them. See: Moving chart elements

3) TreeDraw imports text exactly as it is stored in Legacy.

4) Yes. Please use "Options | Preferences | Import fields" and edit the "Person details" data type. Add a blank line between each event and also untick "Ignore lines with no data".

5) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splash_screen

Hope this helps.