Difficulty seeing fewer fields

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Howdydunn1

Difficulty seeing fewer fields

Post by Howdydunn1 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:43 pm

I am getting an error when i try to save my TreeDraw file. Basically it says that it is too large - which it is not for my laptop or my external hard drive - both of which i have tried. So I looked through the posts and one indicated that it was a memory leak, and to reboot. Which i did, and did not fix the problem. So i decided to just edit it and generate the PDF. But after editing for awhile, it is now taking a 'memory error' and won't let me do anything. So 5 hours of editing is shot.

Can somebody offer a suggestion? I am frantically trying to print my chart for a family reunion. It is a large chart (509 people/ with pictures) but i though that the tool could handle the large charts? I used it a couple of years ago and it was fine.

I am running v8 of Legacy, and the most current version of TreeDraw Legacy.

If there was a way for me to just export the preferred picture instead of every picture it would be very helpful and probably take up less space before i remove the photos.

Suggestions anyone?

Nick Hunter

Re: Difficulty seeing fewer fields

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:02 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with TreeDraw Legacy Edition.

Most likely it is the number of pictures which is causing the problem.

You can get TreeDraw to only import certain images from the Legacy database by using the "Pictures | Must have print flag" option in the import dialog (where you choose the root person); see: Choosing import options