Ignoring Lines with No Birth,Baptism, etc., Data

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Rodney Fry

Ignoring Lines with No Birth,Baptism, etc., Data

Post by Rodney Fry » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:23 pm

Hallo Nick,

After some time I have come back to my family history. Everything has been running normally and I decided to update my TreeDraw to ver 4.4.0. (and KKPro to 3.2.4) a few days ago.

Every time I click on Edit/Text Update it inserts all the identifiers b., c., d. and bur. under all names in the tree even where there is no data in the KKP database. I have checked in Options/Preferences and tab Import Fields and I must have for some reason unticked the box "Ignore lines with no Data" in looking through all the settings in the new version - I should have left well alone!

The result is that the three trees which I looked at have been upset by the extra lines inserted. I think I can go through the trees and individually for each person double clicking on the text block remove the necessary text lines; followed by the delete key to remove the empty line spaces. I have back-up TDR files, which I could use to replace the inadvertent changes to my trees.

Is there a quicker/easier way to remove the effect of the unticked box in the Import fields?

Rodney Fry

Nick Hunter

Re: Ignoring Lines with No Birth,Baptism, etc., Data

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi,

Just use "Options | Preferences | Import fields" and tick the "Ignore lines with no data" box. Then use "Edit | Update text". This will remove the extra blank lines but bear in mind that it will not realign the chart.

Rodney Fry

Post by Rodney Fry » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Many thanks, Nick.
That worked a treat and removed not just the identifier + text, but also the blank line that would otherwise have been there. I had not made any effort to alter the tree arrangement, so everything was back to the original.

Further to this query I noted in menu item Edit/Undo History... that this seems to hold a list of changes made whilst a tree file is open. According to Options/Preferences General tab this can up to 50 tree changes. Would it be possible to make the "Update Text" an item that could be undone?

Rodney Fry

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:48 am

Hi,

"Update text" is already a function which can be reversed with "Edit | Undo".