New Windows 8 Computer

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

johnk

New Windows 8 Computer

Post by johnk » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:02 pm

I have recently changed my computer to a Windows 8 (64).
I have loaded KKP3 and TD4 and copied over my data.
I have recently added some new people to KKP3 but they do not appear in the database in TD4 nor do the amendments I have made to people I can see in the database on TD4.

Nick Hunter

Re: New Windows 8 Computer

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:43 am

Hi,

The only reason I can think of is that TreeDraw is not looking at the same database as Kith and Kin Pro. The database root folder for both should be C:\KKPro3Data. As soon as you add people to Kith and Kin Pro they will show up in the list in TreeDraw when you import a new tree.

johnk

Post by johnk » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi Nick

I found the missing data in the C:\Users\---------\ AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files(x86)\Kith and Kin ProV3. This only contained files I had updated so I copied them over to the C:\KKpro3Data folder replacing just those files.

All seems to be working fine now.

John

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi,

Data files are normally only sent to the Virtual Store when a program attempts to store them in a protected location without sufficient permissions.

This should not be a problem with Kith and Kin Pro since it uses C:\KKPro3Data as a storage location and has a manifest file to elevate its permission anyway.

Try running Kith and Kin Pro by right-clicking on its icon and choosing "Run as administrator".

If you want to disable virtualization under Windows, see: http://www.interworks.com/blogs/dsmith/ ... tual-store

BernardBync

New Windows 8 Computer

Post by BernardBync » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:09 pm

Ill never buy another windows computer again. Its the worst of the 3 major op systems. You can run windows on a Mac and it runs even better on an Apple.