List Index Out of Bounds

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

PatF

List Index Out of Bounds

Post by PatF » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:10 am

Hi

I am using the latest version of Treedraw to draw a Descendants trees, importing a GedCom file create in PAF. I get the message "Index Out of Bounds (-1)"

Works OK if I create an Ancestral tree or create a Descendants tree using a person further down the tree with less descendants. Worked OK a couple of days ago when it produced a tree about 19 A4 pages wide and 2 A4 pages deep, but I am now trying to import less personal data on the tree

TIA

Pat

Nick Hunter

Re: List Index Out of Bounds

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi,

The problem is most likely in the GEDCOM data. Please email your GEDCOM file to support@spansoft.org and we will try to identify the problem. It may be helpful if you also send us your settings file TreeDraw.ini from the folder C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming

PatF

Post by PatF » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Hi

It's in the post

Pat

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Thank you. We were able to reproduce the error by using your settings file TreeDraw.ini

The error appears when you turn off "Connect multi marriages" in the import dialog where you choose the root person.. Simply turning this option back on will avoid the error. We will investigate why it is not possible to turn this option off.

Some of the other settings in your options file are also strange, for example, in "Options | Preferences | Import fields" the "Childs name" data type has a blank format. This means that when you import a tree the majority of people are not named. I think you should check all your settings.

Hope this helps.

PatF

Post by PatF » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Excellent support - many thanks

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:06 pm

This was fixed in TreeDraw V4.0.5