How to translate/encode flags being brought from Legacy

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

manueljlopez

How to translate/encode flags being brought from Legacy

Post by manueljlopez » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:21 pm

I own the TreeDraw Legacy version.
On my chart I am printing the flag ""this couple did not get marry" from the Legacy Marriage Information". On TreeDraw this correspond to the import field (NotMarried>. This is printing as a "0" if the flag is nor check and as a 1 if the flag is check. There is any way to print on the chart "This couple did not married" if the flag is 1 and spaces is the flag is 0.?????????????

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi,

Yes, you can do that.

In "Preferences | Import fields" set up the <NotMarried> field in your "Marriages details" format to something like:
##<NotMarried>##
or any character string which will not appear anywhere else in your data.

Now you will get either ##0## or ##1## imported.

But you can replace these in "Preferences | Replace text" by setting up 2 replacements:

1) replace ##0## with blank.
2) replace ##1## with "This couple did not marry".

Now when you import a chart you will get nothing when <NotMarried> = 0 and you will get "This couple did not marry" when <NotMarried> = 1.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:15 am

Just for the benefit of others, this method can also be used in TreeDraw Standard Edition with Kith and Kin Pro databases for fields such as "Dead" or user-defined boolean fields. Instead of ##0## and ##1## you would use ##False## and ##True##.