Changing the Imported Date Order of Children as displayed

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Rodney Fry

Changing the Imported Date Order of Children as displayed

Post by Rodney Fry » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:09 pm

When importing one family with more than two or three children into descendant trees in TreeDraw, which already has a number of families arranged to one side, I have found it would be most useful if the imported family could have the children's date order reversed.

At the moment they are shown youngest to oldest from left to right. I have just imported a family with eight children (not unusual as some familes have 12 or 13!) and I want to link the youngest to a spouse on the right mixed in to the other families, but sitting on the left of the group. If the imported order was reversed this would be a tidy solution by using the child if it was placed at the right hand end of the line.

I realise I could get round this "awkwardness" by moving that child to the other end of the line so that it was totally out of date order with all the others.

It is just a "nice to have suggestion", if it was say a tick box in the "File\Import\Decendant Tree.." , perhaps in the layout sub-box? Not sure if it would be appropriate for the other layout formats? It is just convention that they are shown left to right, but would it matter if the date order is reversed by choice for one family.

Rodney Fry