Keeping Page Orientation & Paper Size

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Rodney Fry

Keeping Page Orientation & Paper Size

Post by Rodney Fry » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:18 pm

System TD v3.2.4 in Win XP Pro SP2

Just a minor query - when I open TD the blank sheet shows the page breaks in "portrait"
Looking in File\Page Setup... the orientation is Landscape. The Paper Size is shown as Custom instead of A4, changing this and also checking in Print Setup that it is at Landscape and finally in Control Panel\Printers and Faxes.. checking the printer is set up for Landscape. The red dotted page breaks are now at Landscape.

However, if I now close TD and again open TD the page breaks are once more sitting as Portrait and the Page Setup orientation is still Landscape!

Also I note every time TD is opened and I check Page Setup the Paper Size is shown as Custom Size, even if I had set it the last time as A4.

Is there something that I have missed in TD? Can I force TD to always open with landscape page breaks and A4 paper somehow?

I had wondered if there was an ***.INI file which had a page setup line, but the only one is UPDATER.INI which seems to be for checking TD updates.

Rodney Fry

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi,

You have to save these settings in "Options | Preferences | File settings". Please note the other settings which will be saved besides page settings.

Rodney Fry

Post by Rodney Fry » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 am

Thanks for the feedback. However TD still seems to open a blank new window with 'portrait' page breaks. If I click on Save Settings in the Options\Preferences\File Settings tab, having previously in File\Page Set Up.. selected Paper Size A4 & landscape, and close TD (and click No as a blank tree needs no name) and open TD again it still shows Portrait breaks?

If I look at Options\Preferences\Import profile tab it shows just 'default' under Import Profiles with Save As button active - but I don't want to generate another profile, just ensure the Default uses Landscape rather than Portrait. All my stored TD files are set with landscape.

Am I still missing something?

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:33 am

Hi,

There is definitely a bug in this area. We have been able to reproduce the problem and although the page breaks still display as portrait, "Page setup" correctly shows as landscape. Also the page size is not correct.

We will try to release a bug fix for this as soon as possible.

Rodney Fry

Post by Rodney Fry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks for the feedback Nick!
I was wondering if it was my old grey cells, but obviously not. Look forward to the bug fix.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:40 pm

This was fixed in V3.2.5