Error message when trying to open conversion file

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

adoption

Error message when trying to open conversion file

Post by adoption » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi,

Just purchased and downloaded latest version of treedraw. Since I have tree files on V.1 I need to convert them. When I try to open the conversion file I get the following message:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check computer information to see if you need a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the program

Treedraw itself loaded up fine and opens o.k. and the sample tree works :

Just don't what to do about this conversion file

I am using Windows 7 and having checked it would appear 64-bit

What do I do to sort this?

Grateful for any help
:?

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

The V1-V2 file conversion utility was written for the Windows 3.1 TreeDraw V1 (in 2000) and hence it is a 16-bit program and will not run under any 64-bit Windows.

Hopefully most people will have upgraded to at least TreeDraw V2 in the years before 64-bit Vista was released.

If you still have a PC running 32-bit Windows (Me, XP, etc) I suggest that you install TreeDraw V3 on there an carry out the V1 conversion. Then you can copy the converted TDR chart file to your new PC.

If you have less than 5 TDR chart files to convert we can convert them for you at no charge. If you have 5 or more files we will levy a small charge.