Moving marriage details

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Binkster

Moving marriage details

Post by Binkster » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:17 am

Hi,

I'm completely new to Treedraw- just got a trial version yesterday and I'm pretty impressed so far :D I'm trying to move the marriage details of a couple so that it is between them, and not underneath the birth information for the husband. But when I click on it and try to move it, I can't seem to just highlight the marriage details, it tries to make me move the whole lot. This is probably a really obvious question, but can anyone help?

Also, the tree is supposed to be a present for my in-laws, showing all of their ancestors. I selected my husband as the focus for the import, but also want to get his brother in there too. Is there a way of doing this?

Thanks,
Binkster

Graham Hadfield

Re: Moving marriage details

Post by Graham Hadfield » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:07 am

Binkster wrote: I'm completely new to Treedraw- just got a trial version yesterday and I'm pretty impressed so far :D I'm trying to move the marriage details of a couple so that it is between them, and not underneath the birth information for the husband. But when I click on it and try to move it, I can't seem to just highlight the marriage details, it tries to make me move the whole lot. This is probably a really obvious question, but can anyone help?
Could be two reasons:
1) When you import the data initially, all the various items are selected. You just need to click somewhere in the chart to deselect all then you can move individual items.
2) It may be that, somehow, various data items have become grouped. Click on Select All from the Edit menu and then click on Ungroup on the same menu.
Binkster wrote:Also, the tree is supposed to be a present for my in-laws, showing all of their ancestors. I selected my husband as the focus for the import, but also want to get his brother in there too. Is there a way of doing this?
Yes. Import the ancestors of your brother-in-law with zero generations (in Expand To). Move the details to the appropriate point and draw lines to connect the details into the chart.

Graham