uploading files

The old version of our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

walrus

uploading files

Post by walrus » Fri May 01, 2009 8:15 am

I started about 12 years ago with Of that Ilk on floppies and moved up to "Pro V2.02" on CD

Last week my hard drive developed a software fault that has rendered the drive unusable and all data lost.
The new Hard drive would not accept the 2.02 CD so I downloaded "Kith & Kin again
Can I move the files saved in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\of that ilk\xxxxxx into the new download and if so how do I go about it.
I am surrounded by other genealogy buffs that use that other programme but I still love and prefer "Ilk"

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sat May 02, 2009 8:13 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with Of That Ilk Pro.

As you know, Of that Ilk Pro has been discontinued and replaced by Kith and Kin Pro, which is exactly the same program but just a different name.

After installing the latest Kith and Kin Pro you will find a folder called "C:\KKProData". This is the new database root folder and equivalent to your old "..Of that Ilk Pro\Data" folder. All you need to do is copy all the folders from your existing "..Of that Ilk Pro\Data" folder into the new "C:\KKProData" folder. Then you should be able to see your databases in K&KPro.

I have emailled your registration key for V2.