What screen resolution are my files

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

kathyn

What screen resolution are my files

Post by kathyn » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:18 am

Hi been using TreeDraw for years. Changed computers a few years back and got the message "file created with a PC with a different resolution". Have slowly fixed all the files and all good - until yesterday! Downloaded and installed a driver for a new printer and it has changed my screen settings (I am assuming it was the bundled image gallery stuff). So when I started up treedraw I got the message re the different resolution. At this stage I have not been able to find the correct resolution - trying to get them back but do not know what they were?? I am wondering is there some hidden information in a *.tdr file where I can find what my setting was?? thanks

Nick Hunter

Re: What screen resolution are my files

Post by Nick Hunter » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:39 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with TreeDraw.

Usually this message is because the Windows "Large fonts" setting has changed, rather than the screen resolution. This shows you how to change it (Windows versions will vary) http://www.dummies.com/computers/operat ... ows-vista/

The resolution is embedded in the TreeDraw chart file but it will not be human readable. If you email one of your .TDR files to support@spansoft.org we will be able to tell you what it is.

kathyn

Re: What screen resolution are my files

Post by kathyn » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:23 am

Hi Nick
Got it sorted. Corrupt graphics. Solution - using device manager, uninstalled the display adapter, rebooted. At startup new device reinstalled from windows. Reboot. All good now