Problem opening data files

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

ianallan1948@yahoo.com

Problem opening data files

Post by ianallan1948@yahoo.com » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Not able to open my older database files- looked at forum and tried authorising all users and also just copying files onto Drive C at KKpro3data. I have quite a few hundred people on this database, so I am trying not to panic....
also, in last post you suggested I change my username from my email address, trouble is, I do not seem to be able to change my name- I can change everything else on profile.

Nick Hunter

Re: Problem opening data files

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi,

Have you seen these forum topics on identifying databases and converting old databases?
Identifying V1/2 and V3 databases
Conversion of old V1 and V2 databases

You can't really change your username for the forum, you would have to create a new account by clicking on "Register". I don't think that you can use the same email address twice, so you would have to request that we delete your old account first.

ianallan1948@yahoo.com

Post by ianallan1948@yahoo.com » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Thanks for help, but had only a little success.
Problem has been with changing PCs/Laptops etc, and loosing files from Backup External drive which was damaged and so lost everything. So one of my most recent files was around 2010, tried to convert but was left with this message "DBISAM Engine Error #13060 The table 'People' already exists."
I sort of assume that this has been converted, but still does does not show a green tick when I try to upload.
(did manage to convert and upload older/smaller file)
Glad to know what to do next??

PS will sort out ID after this problem is resolved.

Thanks

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi,
We don't normally see any problems with the V3 database conversion utility. Please try renaming the problem database folder within C:\KKPro3Data and then carry out the conversion of the old database again.

If the problem persists, it may be a fault in the old database. Please zip together the contents of the old database folder and email it to support@spansoft.org and we will take a look at it.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Fri May 30, 2014 8:46 am

Hi,
Thanks for sending us your database. We were able to convert it to a version 3 database without problems and have emailled it back to you.