Update to Version 3.1.3

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

FamilyMan

Update to Version 3.1.3

Post by FamilyMan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi guys... I have just updated to Version 3.1.3 following an update available advice message. When opening the program I now receive the following error message - 'Unable to open Timeline tables in C:\KKPro3Data'. Be grateful to know what I need to do to correct this situation please.

Also, in the update message window was scrollable list of changes in this version. Is this available somewhere else as of course I can't get back to it now?

Many thanks...

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:21 am

Hi,

Please check that the following files are in the C:\KKPro3data folder
Timelines.dat, Timelines.idx, TLEvents.dat, TLEvents.idx

If not, please reinstall K&KPro.

You will find a list of program changes in the help file under "Reference | New in this version".

FamilyMan

Post by FamilyMan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:44 am

Hi Nick, many thanks for your help on that...

The files you mentioned were missing from the C:\KKPro3data folder. The only TL ones there were TLEvents.ibk and TLEvents.dbk. I had taken a backup of the C:\KKPro3data folder just before I did the update so I replaced the missing files from that and all seems well now. It does seem that these files were definitely removed by the update.

I've checked the help files under Reference|Version Information and although the bugfix was mentioned for version 3.1.3, in the update available advice message there was also a list of facilities like (from memory) different families on different layers. Can I recall that anywhere?

Thanks again...

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:43 am

Hi,

The "Layers" feature was added in V3.0.0 so it is in the "New in this version" help topic at the bottom.

FamilyMan

Post by FamilyMan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:07 am

Many thanks Nick, I see what you are saying. The features mentioned in the update message were part of the main v3 upgrade rather than just the latest update. I will study them more fully now... :)

Thanks again for your help.