Changing Return.gif in "no erase"

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

peterhollins

Changing Return.gif in "no erase"

Post by peterhollins » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:46 pm

The facility exists to change Return.gif on web pages. I have used this with variable success. I can create a new icon in jpeg or word, then change it into a GIF and place it in "no_erase". My problem is the icon size. It either appears so small to be unreadable or occupying half the page.
I find Gifs difficult to manage and would prefer to use a jpeg.
Any ideas on how to control the GIF size. Using "resize" under the picture button only seems to change the pixel count (and definition) not the actual size.
Thanks for any ideas.
Peter

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi,
I'm not sure what software you are using to generate your GIF but the only criteria that Kith and Kin Pro requires is that the GIF image is 45 pixels wide by 32 pixels high. You need to be able to specify this size in whatever software you are using.
The "Paint" program which comes with Windows allows you to edit and save images as GIFs.

peterhollins

Changing Return.gif in " no erase"

Post by peterhollins » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Thanks Nick,
I am using Paint to create my Gifs. I was hoping to place an icon larger than 42x35 to show copyright. Perhaps there is a way of just placing the (c) symbol?
"control" "alt" "C" which I use in Word does not work within K&K.
Peter

donne

Post by donne » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 am

Hi Peter,
Presumably you want something which shows up on every page for your copyright statement. Instead of pressing the return gif into service, couldn't you do something with the 'global footer' available on the 'export web pages' window? I've used the 'global header' to provide a common heading which looks a bit like my other webpages.
Roger