Latest update

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Peter Rawbone

Latest update

Post by Peter Rawbone » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Hello,

I just fired KnK up and was advised of an update which I selected. All appeared to go well but at the end, a message advised that not all the updates installed.

After two attempts to install, thought I'd post a message to see if anyone else has experienced this and how they overcame it.

Windows XP Sp3

Regards

Peter

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:32 am

Hi Peter,

I have just downloaded and installed 3.0.7 without any problems on Windows 7. I did however have problems installing the latest version of TreeDraw a week ago. This was due to the time taken to download the program. The download timed out before completion, Nick will know what the time limit is to complete the download. The installation part could not be completed. This resulted in an error message. I tried again when there was less delay on the network. It completed the download and installed ok.

I hope this helps.

John Wood

donne

Post by donne » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:09 pm

Also running XP SP3, I found no difficulty with the download and installation - it worked just like with previous updates.

By the way, I'm really pleased to see that V3.0.7 now supports the V2 feature that "Person and family selection lists now retain the selected record". I really found it very frustrating over the last months to find the selection list reverting the start each time it was used in a session.

Regards: Roger Donne

Peter Rawbone

Post by Peter Rawbone » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:38 pm

My thanks to all who replied - my apologies for not replying sooner - the latest version has now been successfully (I hope !) installed.
Regards