Re-exporting html

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

ballarj2

Re-exporting html

Post by ballarj2 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:40 pm

Nick,

For the first time I took advantage of the export to web option in K&K (one of those things I always wanted to get around to).
Great page layout and family members have commented how easy it is to navigate around families etc.

Today I wanted to update my online tree so went through the export procedure again, but this time telling K&K not to "clear folder before exporting". My thinking here was that only the families and surnames that have changed whould have todays date; so I could easily upload these and leave the ones that were unchanged.

Unfortunately (although probably logically) all the exported files ended up with todays date! So now I have to upload everything again to be sure everything is correct.

Is there a way to change this behavour somehow?

John

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi,

Any HTML files which have the same names as the one being created in this run of the exporter will be overwritten so the majority of the files will have todays date.

Unless you are carrying out a very minor modification to your HTML files, it would be unwise to do anything other than upload everything. Even a small change to the data can affect several HTML files.

ballarj2

Thanks anyway

Post by ballarj2 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:47 pm

Nick,

With the problems I have uplaoding anything to my Tiscali pages I was hoping there might be an answer.

John