Tree Area v3.05

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Peter Rawbone

Tree Area v3.05

Post by Peter Rawbone » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:26 am

Good morning all,

In Preferences/Options I selected the option to 'display full names in family rectangles' and despite the warning message, proceeded.

The display changed accordingly but I didn't like it and unticked the option and, perhaps somewhat foolishly, expected it to revert to the original display. It didn't. The rectangles remained the same size as when displaying the full names.

Is this a bug?

Regards

Peter

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Hi Peter

I have tried the 'display full names in family rectangles' on my database. Despite having more than 800 families setting then resetting the option puts all the family rectangles back to the size and position they previously were. I have even tried closing Kith&Kin Pro V3 between the set & reset options without a problem. I am on version 3.0.5., are you on the latest version?

John Wood

Peter Rawbone

Post by Peter Rawbone » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:34 am

Hello John,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and yes, I'm using the latest version.

Having read your post, I packed the database, closed it and re-opened it. Then re-set, closed and opened K&K and the tree area returned (almost) to 'normal'. The only thing then missing was the coloured families which was easy to rectify.

It pays to play!

Regards

Peter

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi Peter,

I am glad you found a fix. Packing the database probably fixed it. You have now got me curious with your comment about missing "coloured families". Do you mean families that you selected by using Edit -> select families etc.?

John Wood