Second marriages

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

ballarj2

Second marriages

Post by ballarj2 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:10 pm

Nick,

I'm having problems adding a second marriage to an existing family. Details all show but there is no line connecting the new marriage.
I tried the same thing with a new blank database with the same result.

I was running on v3.0.3 and noticed that this was a 'fix' available with v3.0.5 which I eagely downloaded and installed. Unfortunately I get the same results?

I already have 4 second marriages (and one with 3) in my existing tree that still display fine.

BTW. I'm still hoping for the 'edit person/edit family' list to remember where I last was. I need to check the comments field for every entry to set the 'Quality of Data' field to what I wish. It just seemed just a little more intuitive to me to leave the list where I was last.

Thanks,

John

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:07 am

Hi,

Please check that the P code numbers of the person involved in the 2 marriages match in all the families involved.

Also, try "File | Database | Pack" and "File | Database | Repair" in case the problem is merely in the indices (you may have to restart K&KPro after this).

ballarj2

Post by ballarj2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Nick,

The problem also occurs with a new database so I don't think anything should be corrupted.

The P codes are the same for the person I have tried to marry off twice. A compact and repair made no difference?

John

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:56 am

Hi,

Please email your database to Support@spansoft.org so that we can investigate further.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:08 am

Hi,

Thank you for sending us your database.

The reason that there are no linking lines is because your multi-marriage people (P2 and P4) do not appear as children anywhere. Please open the person data form for P2 then right-click on "Child of family" and choose "Add".

ballarj2

Thanks

Post by ballarj2 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:27 pm

Sorry for my tardyness here. But thanks that was the 'fix'

John