Conversion Utility Again

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

JamiesBoy

Conversion Utility Again

Post by JamiesBoy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:17 pm

Hi,
I've downloaded and registered V3. Ran the DB converter ( as administrator - Vista Home Premium SP2) and get an error box on loading, saying:

"There is a problem with the Borland Database Engine (BDE). Please try re-installing Kith and Kin Pro V1 or V2. The error is: Could not find object."

V2 still works OK. But reinstalled anyway, no change. Tried copying data to root directory, no change.

Any suggestions?

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:45 am

Hi,

Please try uninstalling K&KPro V2, then deleting the folder C:\Program files\Common files\Borland shared\BDE" and then reinstalling K&KPro V2.

JamiesBoy

Post by JamiesBoy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Nick Hunter wrote:Hi,

Please try uninstalling K&KPro V2, then deleting the folder C:\Program files\Common files\Borland shared\BDE" and then reinstalling K&KPro V2.
I did that before reinstalling, as suggested in a previous thread. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:09 am

Hi,

It's definitely a problem with either the BDE installation or the V3 conversion utility installation.

Vista's virtualization also gives you the problem of having some of the "Program files" folder files stored in the virtual store so you should check there for remnants of the BDE as well - "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Common files\Borland shared".

JamiesBoy

Post by JamiesBoy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:55 pm

Nick Hunter wrote:Hi,

It's definitely a problem with either the BDE installation or the V3 conversion utility installation.

Vista's virtualization also gives you the problem of having some of the "Program files" folder files stored in the virtual store so you should check there for remnants of the BDE as well - "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Common files\Borland shared".
Hi Nick

I have started again and deleted BDE from the virtual store and the main directory, uninstalled V2, reinstalled V2, reran conversion. Same error!

Whoops sorry Nick. Forgot to run newly installed V2, now I have and entered serial no and reg key DBs now converted OK!