Bug Fix Release 3.0.4

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

donne

Bug Fix Release 3.0.4

Post by donne » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:41 pm

I've just been prompted to download the latest bugfix release for KKPro3 which is 3.0.4, and I note that it is intended to fix the problem of wrongly-associated sources in imported databases. Can you tell me how extensive the problem is? I have imported a database from KKPro2 and have done some work on it in KKPro3 - I certainly don't relish the thought of checking every source reference or reimporting the now out-of-date database!

jhunt02

Post by jhunt02 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Well, I would recommend checking. Look at your source references in the old database and note their family and people codes (use e.g. the SQL search feature for this). Then look at the target database to see if it had different families/people with the same F/P codes as in the source database. If this is the case, the source references from the old database probably got associated with the families/people having the same codes in the target database, in which case you will will want to adjust the source references in the target database to point to the new codes that were assigned to the imported families/people.

jhunt02

Post by jhunt02 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:24 pm

But note that UPDATING from KKPro2 to KKPro3 is not the same thing as IMPORTING (i.e. merging). The bug fix concerns merging records from one database to another using the "Merge" command, not updating a database. If you didn't use the "Merge" command, you shouldn't have a problem.

donne

Post by donne » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:11 am

Well, that was a misunderstanding on my part - I thought it referred to the process of converting data from the KKPro2 format to the KKPro3 format. I haven't done any merging yet. That's a relief - I didn't fancy checking the 600 families and 2500 people for source errors.