Editing a Family or Person

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

laschapas

Editing a Family or Person

Post by laschapas » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi Nick,

When editing a family or person I can right click on a text field to display a pull down list of previous entries. In V2 this list was lost when the program closed. The list is now maintained even when windows is closed. I believe this was a suggestion in the improvements requested for version 3, it is certainly more useful now. It does however raise a couple if comments.

1. The help file still says it is only maintained during the session. The paragraph from the help file is shown below.

"To speed up entering the same place names over and over, you can press F4 or right-click in a text edit field to display a pick-list of entries made during this session. Click on the required entry or use the down arrow key and press Return to enter the text into the current field. Press Escape to cancel the pick-list."

2. When and how is this pick list cleared?

John Wood

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi Nick,

By experimenting I think I have the answer to my question 2. The list has a maximum size of 20 entries. Adding a new entry deletes the oldest entry. I hope this is correct.

John Wood

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi John,

You are correct.

Thanks for pointing out the error in the Help.

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi Nick,

As the pick list can never exceed 20 entries can it be set to show all 20 entries rather than the first 10 plus a slide bar?

John Wood

sdj

field pick list

Post by sdj » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:51 pm

Is there any way of clearing the pick list? My entries are now redundant and I keep having to scroll right down for my new relevant entry.
Thanks

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi Sarah,

I don't know a way of clearing all 20 entries at one go, but if you right click on the pick list you get another menu to [Use], [Delete], or [Close] the selected entry in the pick list.

John Wood