Kith & Kin V3

Our genealogy database program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Peter Rawbone

Kith & Kin V3

Post by Peter Rawbone » Sat May 16, 2009 12:58 pm

Congratulations on the new product and the speed with which I received my CD - I was up and running in no time at all and converted my old data without a hitch.

May I make a suggestion / request for the next update? A Cancel button would be very useful on many 'panes'. I'm sure that many like me occasionally make mistakes entering data (!) and it would be extremely useful to cancel an entry/amendment.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sat May 16, 2009 5:18 pm

Thank you for your comments.

As we said during development elsewhere in the forums, it was not possible to include an "Undo" function for database changes, purely due to the nature of the disk-based database.

Other types of software are able to provide this function because the document being edited exists entirely in memory and changes are only commited to disk when you click on the Save button. In K&KPro the record being edited is the only part of the database to be currently in memory. When you click on the Update button the changes for that record are saved to disk.

I hope that this was the kind of "Cancel" that you meant. Of course when you are editing a record you can click on the Cancel button to discard the current changes.

Peter Rawbone

Kith and Kin v3 earlier request for a cancel button

Post by Peter Rawbone » Sun May 17, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks again for a prompt reply and the information it contained