Error # 11013

Our shopping helper program.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

laschapas

Error # 11013

Post by laschapas » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi Nick,

Thought I would give this a try as I tried, but did not continue to use, version 1. First thing I notice is the price is in dollars. So I went to the options menu to try to change it to Pound Sterling. The only option which looked to be country related was Database language. Changing this to English (United Kingdom) gave an error DBISAM Engine # 11013 Access denied to table or backup file 'Catagories'. Is this a restriction on unregistered versions of the software?

John Wood

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi,

I have had a go at trying to reproduce this DB engine error, but without success; changing the Options | Database language seems to work fine on all our machines. You should leave this setting at "ANSI standard" for English.

The currency symbol is picked up from Windows. Please check your "Regional settings" in the control panel. You may need to change the setting and then change it back to £ if you are using Win7.

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Hi Nick,

I have tried other language settings for the Database language and they all give the same error.

I have checked my currency symbol as follows:-

> Control Panel
> Clock, Language, and Region
> Change the date, time, or number format
> Format Tab
> Format: English (United Kingdom)

Additional settings
> Currency Tab
> Currency symbol: £

I tried changing the currency symbol to EURO then DOLLAR then POUND restarting Shop 'Til You Drop each time and the dollar symbol was always displayed.

I have removed and reinstalled Shop 'Til You Drop, it made no difference.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1 Build 7600

John Wood

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:06 am

Do you get any other engine errors when you are editing the shopping list or items for example?

The currency symbol problem is definitely a Windows 7 issue. It seems that something is not set correctly in the registry when Windows is installed but changing the symbol in the Control Panel will fix it.

laschapas

Post by laschapas » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:47 am

Hi Nick,

From my previous tests I said:-

"I tried changing the currency symbol to EURO then DOLLAR then POUND restarting Shop 'Til You Drop each time and the dollar symbol was always displayed. "

I selected the EURO, DOLLAR, and POUND symbol from the pulldown list and this made no difference. If I enter a character or symbol directly from the keyboard this is picked up by Shop 'Til You Drop. I now have my POUND symbol in Shop 'Til You Drop.

I do not get any other engine errors when editing the shopping list or items. However I have discovered a floorplan problem which I will raise as a separate topic.

John Wood

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:19 pm

Error #11013 seems to be as a result of a permissions issue in Vista and Win7 with UAC turned on. It only occurs when changing the database language.

We are looking at ways of fixing this.

Note that it is not necessary to change the database language unless you need to store extended non-ANSI characters such as in eastern European languages.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:42 pm

This was fixed in V2.1.0