Memory Stick

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

PatF

Memory Stick

Post by PatF » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:20 am

Hi

I am using a Flash memory stick and when I click File, Open the drive is visible, from the "Look In" drop down menu box, but when I click File, Import the memory stick is never visible in the drop down menu of drives

Using Win XP and tried this on several PC's

Any ideas

Regards

Pat

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:39 pm

"File | Open " and "File | Import" use two different "file open" dialogs. It's possible that there is a limitation in the Import box which prevents it seeing some devices, although it usually sees removable drives even when they are not mounted.

If your memory stick came with a driver, please check the manufacturer's site for an updated driver.

You may have to copy the files from the memory stick to the hard drive to be able to import them.

laschapas

Memory Stick

Post by laschapas » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:32 pm

Hi,

I have a Buffalo memory stick and I can see its drive letter listed under [File] -> [Import] -> Import image file. I am using Windows XP which loaded the Buffalo driver the first time it detected the new hardware. TreeDraw does not show the name of the drive that you see in [My Computer] only the drive letter. TreeDraw [File] -> [Open] does show the name of the drive. You may have to delete the hardware from the system and let it discover the memory stick again if you have the wrong driver loaded.

Hope this helps