Loss of Month in Importing Data

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Post Reply
Rodney Fry
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:38 pm
Location: Crowthorne, Berks

Loss of Month in Importing Data

Post by Rodney Fry » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Win 8 Pro 64 bit, KKP3.2, TD 4.4

I seem to be having a number of small problems recently, Nick!
I have just noticed in importing data/updating text into a tree that I am losing the month. The day and year with the place all appear OK, but the month has vanished. I have checked two different trees and databases and it happening in both. I have checked the Options/Preferences to make sure the fields are all shown for person details. I get for example
[P60] William FRY
c. 18 1816 Symondsbury
bur. 26 1826 Symondsbury
the month of Jan is missing, but it is there in the KKP database - odd?
I have tried a forum search without luck, not sure what I have missed so any advice would be appreciated.

Rodney Fry

Rodney Fry
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:38 pm
Location: Crowthorne, Berks

Re: Loss of Month in Importing Data

Post by Rodney Fry » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:39 am

I should have mentioned that I had noticed in my tree graphic that the full months January, September and so on had appeared in the date line. I had therefore gone to Options /Preferences/Replace Text tab and inserted the replacement short form of Jan, Sept, etc, but why would this have caused the complete loss?

Rodney

Nick Hunter
Posts: 649
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:36 am
Location: SpanSoft, Scotland
Contact:

Re: Loss of Month in Importing Data

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:35 am

Hi,
Please use "Options | Preferences | Dates" and choose the correct settings. Then remove anything you put in "Replace text" to fix it.

Rodney Fry
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:38 pm
Location: Crowthorne, Berks

Re: Loss of Month in Importing Data

Post by Rodney Fry » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Nick, thank you again for correcting my "mistakes". The first time I tried the revision nothing happened, then I looked at the three columns Months, Week Day names and Date prefixes on my desktop machine and realised that the corresponding columns on my laptop were all empty. Having renewed the missing text and pressing Edit/Update text... everything was replaced correctly!

Post Reply