Wide Format Printing - Chart Size

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Ron ONeill

Wide Format Printing - Chart Size

Post by Ron ONeill » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:31 am

Hi, I am a new member to the forum and have only used TreeDraw a few times over many years, I bought the latest version of the program and registered because i have a problem I cannot fathom out.

I am trying to print a chart on a wide format printer, the ruler tells me that the chart is 90 x 32 inches in size, I set a page size of 94 x 36 but when I try to print it the print starts half way along the chart not at the end.

If I set a page size of A4 portrait the chart is 24 pages wide, almost double what the ruler states.

The ruler and counting A4 pages is the only way I can see of actually obtaining the "proper" size of the chart but these measurements do not match, please advise.

Thanks Ron

Nick Hunter

Re: Wide Format Printing - Chart Size

Post by Nick Hunter » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:51 am

Hi,

When you set the page size to 94"x36" does the page outline surround the entire chart? Remember that page margins are removed from the page breaks display, so setting the page size to A4 will actually show pages which are smaller.

An alternative way to try printing is to export the chart as a PDF file and then print it from the PDF reader. In TreeDraw, set the page size to cover the entire chart, select the single page and use "Export | PDF file".

Ron ONeill

Re: Wide Format Printing - Chart Size

Post by Ron ONeill » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:27 am

Yes the chart is on one page, it's just that the ruler does not seem to relate to the actual chart size. Also when I go to print I get all sorts of warnings, one states that the printer is not capable of handling this page size, which it is and another telling me the page orientation is not correct which it is. I have printed the chart but the ruler and warnings issues caused me some concern.

Thanks