Problem with reading trees.

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

JayennSS

Problem with reading trees.

Post by JayennSS » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:40 am

I have bought a few versions of Treedraw over the years (I still have version 2) and have at present, version 3.1.0 - this I bought some years back. I have tried to pick up a few family trees, produced in Version 3.1, some time ago, only to be told that these are Version 1 and cannot be opened. My OS is Windows 7 and Treedraw 3.1 runs fine on it – I can draw trees with it and print them off. What is strange is that many are in version 2 and some, I'm sure, are in version 3.1.

What can I do as I have over thirty family trees that I can no longer read? Is there a converter program, available? There’s no point in buying TreeDraw 4, if TreeDraw 3 won’t read them. Could anyone help me please?

Nick Hunter

Re: Problem with reading trees.

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:21 am

Hi,
In version 3, there is a separate V1 conversion utility supplied for V1 chart files. Please look in "Start | Programs | TreeDraw" for the conversion program. In TreeDraw V4 it is in a zip file which you have to unarchive before using.