Paypal in Canada

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

exmaj

Paypal in Canada

Post by exmaj » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:56 pm

I was trying to upgrade my TreeDraw Legacy Edition from 3 to 4. On your site you say that you do not need a Paypal account to purchase the upgrade. When I change my country to Canada however the only options seem to be use an existing Paypal account or enter my credit card info and accept the Paypal terms and create an account.

Is this something Paypal Canada is imposing or a defect in the web page? If Paypal Canada will not let me pay without an account what other option do I have for purchasing the upgrade?

Nick Hunter

Re: Paypal in Canada

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:31 am

Hi,
Sorry to hear that you are having problems with this.
As far as we know there is no restriction on paying by credit card via PayPal in Canada.
To test this, we tried placing an upgrade order, clicked on "Pay with an debit or credit card", changed the country to "Canada" and got the standard credit card form with a "Pay" button at the bottom. It is optional whether you create a PayPal account or not.
If you cannot get this to work, your only alternative is to order by post, details here: http://www.spansoft.org/uk_ord.php

exmaj

Re: Paypal in Canada

Post by exmaj » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:10 pm

In case it was a browser issue I tried the update in Chrome, Firefox (my default) and IE. In all cases when I got to the Paypal payment page the only option available was to create an account. This must be because I reside in Canada and Paypal in Canada does not allow Canadian residents to pay without creating an account. I guess I will have to order by post.

You may want to update your payment info to warn Canadian residents that they do need a Paypal account to make purchases. I will be complaining to Paypal Canada about this policy.