Treedraw Version 3.1.1 - index out of date

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

bosretd

Treedraw Version 3.1.1 - index out of date

Post by bosretd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi,

I purchased this software over 12 months ago and made good use of it at that time. I have not used the program in the last 12 months and now it is giving me a message: " Index out of date ...\treedraw\data\people.db". As a last resort I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the software but am still getting the same message.
Any advice on how to get round this.

Thanks
Brian

Nick Hunter

Re: Treedraw Version 3.1.1 - index out of date

Post by Nick Hunter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Hi,

Are you importing data from a GEDCOM file? If so, the problem is just corruption in the temporary database which TreeDraw sets up. Please try deleting all the files in the \treedraw\data folder (but not your own files if you have any stored in there) and then starting TreeDraw. The program should recreate the temporary database. If it does not, please try reinstalling TreeDraw after deleting the temporary database.

bosretd

Post by bosretd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi,

I am importing a Gedcom file. I have tried deleteing the files in subfolder data - problem still persists. I then reinstalled treedraw and subfolder data files were recreated but problem still persists. Any more suggestions?

Brian

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:28 am

Hi,
Very strange. Forcing TreeDraw to recreate the temporary database should fix it. I would suggest that you upgrade to version 4 which uses a better database engine. Upgrades are available at http://www.spansoft.org/upgrade.php

bosretd

Post by bosretd » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi,

Even stranger I installed the same program on another PC and it works ok and does not seem to have the problem!!
I think that there must be some elements of treedraw that are corrupted AND not cleared off my system when I perform an uninstall.
I will pursue this line a little further.

Thanks for your help and if I get nowhere in the next few days I will take your advice and upgrade the software.

Brian

bosretd

Post by bosretd » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi again,

I have had success. I found several odd treedraw files still hanging around my system after the uninstall. I deleted them all, re-installed the software and the problem has disappeared.

Once again thanks for your help.

Brian