List Index Out of Bounds (-1)

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

drsteveash

List Index Out of Bounds (-1)

Post by drsteveash » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi - I'm getting the above error when trying to import data from a Kith and Kin Pro 3 dataset. I'm using KKPro v 3.2.0 and Treedraw v4.0.4

I've used TreeDraw sucessfully in the past, but haven't for a while (and, honestly, can't even remember if I've used it since buying a new laptop, since the overall Tree isn't changing too much too quickly these days).

Laptop is an HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, 64-bit, running Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1)

I've tried a number of different points in the tree, i.e. to try to exclude "too big" files, but it won't even draw a 2 generation descendant tree,

Any help gratefully appreciated

Cheers
Steve

Nick Hunter

Re: List Index Out of Bounds (-1)

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi,

The error appears when you turn off "Connect multi marriages" in the import dialog where you choose the root person.. Simply turning this option back on will avoid the error. We will investigate why it is not possible to turn this option off.

Please see the following topic: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=571

drsteveash

Post by drsteveash » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi - I have just tried this but it doesn't help. In "import ancestral tree" it's greyed out (obviously), but when I went to "import descendant tree" and ticked it, I get the same error.

The tick persists into import ancestral tree (although greyed) and still doesn't work.

Any other suggestions ?

Cheers
Steve

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi,
Please use "Help | Upload data to Support" in K&KPro to send us your database. Then we will also need your TreeDraw.INI file from the folder ApplicationData\TreeDraw and a root person code which will demonstrate the problem (you can email these to support@spansoft.org)

drsteveash

Post by drsteveash » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Thanks - files uploaded, and treedraw.ini files sent

Cheers
Steve

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:51 am

Hi,

Thank you for sending us your files.

The problem is in your TreeDraw option settings file TreeDraw.INI. When we attempted to start TreeDraw using your options file, we got the error "0,25000 is not a valid floating point value". This normally happens when a PC is set to a regional numbering system which uses a "," as the decimal point instead of a ".". While the TreeDraw.INI file remains on a PC with the same setting it is not a problem. The error only appears when the TreeDraw.INI file is transferred to another PC or if the Windows regional settings are changed.

After fixing this problem in your TreeDraw.INI file we then noticed that you have no import settings at all in your file - the settings are effectively blank. This is what is causing the "List index out of bounds" error.

We recommend that you use the Control Panel to check the regional numbering system for your PC and then delete all TreeDraw.INI files. TreeDraw will create a new TreeDraw.INI file with default settings when you next start the program.

drsteveash

Post by drsteveash » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:26 pm

All fixed, now thanks,

Cheers
Steve

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:05 pm

The problem of changing the PC's Windows regional number formatting was fixed in TreeDraw V4.0.5