Printing all siblings

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

John Yeates

Printing all siblings

Post by John Yeates » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:08 pm

How do I print all members of all families, and their famlies, in ancester/decendent trees. (Imported from GedCom)
Or how do I print an All-in-One tree?

Regards

John Yeates

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:09 pm

The standard method for producing a chart with "everybody" on it is to use "Import | Descendant tree" to import several branches of the tree into the same TreeDraw chart and arrange them to fit. This will probably involve adding/removing lines and deleting duplicate people where the branches join.

Graham Hadfield

Post by Graham Hadfield » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:09 pm

To add to Nick's reply.

Whilst the TreeDraw "all in one" method takes more manual effort than the automatic feature of some other programs the end result is well worth it as it is possible to structure the chart so that it is easily readable. Sometimes, with one other program especially, the individuals are all over the place.

The most complex chart I have done in TreeDraw is all known descendants of ten ancestral lines of the person for whom the chart was compiled. There were several cousin marriages but in only two cases was it necessary to repeat the two people involved on the chart to avoid crossing limes - and it's very easy in TreeDraw to highlight such things.

Regards,
Graham