Unable to print large page size

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

T Bottegal

Unable to print large page size

Post by T Bottegal » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:57 am

I am trying to set up a page size of 126" wide by 36" high for creating a PDF file.

In Print Setup / Adobe PDF Document Properties, there is no custom size, only the standard page sizes (8.5x11, A4, A3, etc.).

I know this can be done because I still have files with a 126"x36" page size that I generated last year. Since then I've had a system upgrade and TreeDraw Legacy upgrade. Now everytime I print to a PDF, the page size is reset to 8.5x11.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Tom

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:58 am

In TreeDraw , use "File | Page setup" and set the paper size to 126" x 36". Then select the page you want to print and use "File | Export | PDF file" to create the PDF file.

T Bottegal

Post by T Bottegal » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:58 am

Dumb question... Sorry Nick!

By the way, why is the PDF limited to 200 inches?

Is there a way around that limit?

I actually had a 250" tree that I had to break in half to print as two separate pages.

Brian Kelly

Post by Brian Kelly » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:59 am

I've seen on other forums that the 200 inch page limit is a limitation in Windows.

Ken Issitt

Post by Ken Issitt » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:59 am

Every time I try to set the page size 126 x 36 to print to Acrobat Distiller i get a message saying "Right margin must be not less than the non-printing area of the page (114.31). I am using Treedraw Legacy 2.22 which I have previously used to print 200 in. x 20 in. charts.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:00 pm

The Acrobat Distiller printer driver is reporting the wrong page size values back to TreeDraw.

TreeDraw Legacy Edition V3 exports PDF files directly without the need for Distiller. If you wish to upgrade to V3 please contact CustomerService@MillenniaCorp.com

Dale Vaccarello

Post by Dale Vaccarello » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:00 pm

Using page setup to select print size seems to only work if the printer you have on your computer will actually print that size. I want to generate a PDF file that can be brought to our local Kinkos for printing. That is not on the printer that my computer connects to.
How can I do this?
Thanks

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:01 pm

Either you need TreeDraw version 3, or you need a PDF exporter which works like a printer driver and will have all the paper sizes you need.