Can't instal TreeDraw

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Mary from Italy

Can't instal TreeDraw

Post by Mary from Italy » Wed May 26, 2010 2:02 am

I've just downloaded the trial version of TreeDraw, but I can't instal it.

I closed down all programs, but when I double-click on the .exe file, it opens up an MS-DOS prompt, which immediately closes without doing anything. I tried closing down AVG, but it made no difference. I also tried Start-Run instead of double-clicking on the file name, but no joy.

Any suggestions? I'm using Win2000.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Fri May 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with TreeDraw.

I'm not sure what the .exe file is. The file you should have downloaded from http://treedraw.spansoft.org is TreeDraw.msi. If necessary, please download TreeDraw.msi again, and then double-click on it on your PC to start installing TreeDraw.

Mary from Italy

Post by Mary from Italy » Fri May 28, 2010 10:39 pm

That was it, thanks very much.

What happened was that instead of clicking on the download button at the top of the page, I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and clicked on the icon under "Download free trial".

When you hover over it with the mouse, it shows the path to the .msi file, but when you click on it, it downloads a file called treedraw.exe, which won't instal.

When I clicked on the button at the top of the page, the .msi file downloaded and installed with no problems.

Thanks for your help :)

Mary