Update Text - unreliable?

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

johnb

Update Text - unreliable?

Post by johnb » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Apologies if my problems are due to inexperience, but although I have owned Kith and Kin Pro & TreeDraw for many years, I have not heavily used TreeDraw, but …

Update Text option seems unreliable.
For instance … open the Sample within both Kith and Kin & TreeDraw. Then select a person (+ its grouped elements) within TreeDraw. Perform Update Text on this selection only. Although it may update the first time (as a result of database containing more information), subsequent changes are ‘unreliable’.
i.e. Make a change to this person’s details in Kith & Kin (perhaps change year of birth). Then perform Update Text on this selection … The chart does not update (not for me anyway!)
The only way to make it update is to perform an update on another person whose TreeDraw text does not match the database contacts. Then come back to original person and perform an Update Text … it now will (probably) update.
This method only works (for me) if you can find an element in the chart that does not match the database … otherwise, updating the element is best achieved by deleting the group and re-importing that record.
Hope above makes sense! And furthermore, hope that someone can advise
Thanks

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with TreeDraw.

We have been looking at the issue you reported and it seems to be related to the buffered database data within TreeDraw. It is possible that TreeDraw is not always reading the data from the disk files but rather from the copy buffered in its memory.

We will be releasing a fix for this shortly which you can download by using "Help | Check for updates".

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:40 pm

This was fixed in V3.2.4