Tree not visible when opened up

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

doclee

Tree not visible when opened up

Post by doclee » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:57 pm

For no apparent reason some of the new trees that I have built by cutting and pasting from others are nowhere to be seen when I open them up. It is only when I pan out that they appear, usually from below and from the right. I've used TreeDraw for the last 5 years or so and this has never happened before and I haven't changed any settings etc.

How can I ensure that when I open up these trees they are actually displayed on the screen?

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:13 am

Hi,

When TreeDraw starts up it positions its view of the Drawing Area at the top-left corner. When you open a chart, TreeDraw does not change its viewing position so if your chart does not start in the top-left corner it will not be visible immediately.

Please drag your entire chart to the top-left corner. That will make it more visible when you open it. Turning on the Page Breaks display and the X:Y coordinates on the status bar will help you see where you are in the Drawing Area.