Check for updates

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

twentyman

Check for updates

Post by twentyman » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Using Treedraw 3.2.1, when I go to Help - Check for updates I get a message Invalid updates configuration file. The first line of the .INI file should be ";aiu;"
How to fix this?

(Apologies if this is posted twice - the first try seemed to crash on sending.)

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi,
Sorry to hear that you are having problems updating TreeDraw.
I have checked the contents of the update configuration file on the site and it appears to be correct. It is possible that you were unable to access the file correctly - maybe there was a problem on the server.

It seems to be working properly now - please try again.

If you are still unable to use "Check for updates" please download the latest version from http://treedraw.spansoft.org. Uninstall your current version then install the new version.

twentyman

Post by twentyman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:54 pm

Thanks, Nick. It was only a small niggle but I feared that the "corrupt" INI file was something on myPC which might cause trouble.
All works O.K now, and I am, as I guessed, up-to-date. :D

John Fleming

Check for updates

Post by John Fleming » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:43 pm

I am also having problems updating TD 3.2.0 to 3.2.3. Using the "check for updates" features, it runs to a point where it calls for a feature located "on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available". Even if I point the source to the version of TD from which I installed, the update will not complete. I tried the alternative of uninstalling TD, then to do a fresh install, but this also called for me to insert the CD-ROM, etc. etc.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:05 am

Hi,
The install package may have become corrupted during the download. Try deleting TreeDraw.MSI and then download it again from the TreeDraw site http://treedraw.spansoft.org

John Fleming

Check for updates

Post by John Fleming » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Nick - thanks for your post. I went back to the Spansoft website, and downloaded treedraw.msi again, version size 3904512, but I get to the same place again, and the instal will not complete, same error message as previously posted. Regardless of where I save treedraw.msi, I always come to the same point - "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable - Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'treedraw.msi' in the box below." The same result if I try to uninstall Treedraw to do a fresh instal.

Before posting this, I Googled the error message, and found the MS Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, downloaded this, ran it, removed the corrupted installation of Treedraw, and did a fresh instal, problem solved.