Error message each time I start up

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Johnco

Post by Johnco » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:36 pm

I bought a new computer recently and re-installed Treedraw Version 3.10, which I purchased in May 2007.

Now, each time, I run the program, I get an error message, which says "An error occurred while attempting to initalize the Borland Database Engine (error$2108)".

I clicked on the "OK" button (as there wasn't any other choice) and the registration dialogue box came up.

Though I had previously registered when I first bought the software, I filled in all the details because I really didn't have much choice. That, I thought was that but, now, each time I run the software, I have to go through the same process and clicking on "I've registered" only brings up the message that "Serial number must be entered as 4 or more characters" and I would have to go through the registering routine again.

However, muy only other choices are "Order now" or "Register later". Clicking on the latter only means that I go through the same process each time I start up.

Sorry about the long explanation but I wanted to give all the facts I could.

How do I get out of this dilema, please?

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:56 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with TreeDraw.

The best idea would be to download the latest version (V3.2.1) which no longer uses the BDE (you can do this in "Help | Check for updates").

You will still need your serial number and registration key to register the software. If you do not have this please contact Support@spansoft.org

Johnco

Post by Johnco » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:13 am

[quote="Nick Hunter"]Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with TreeDraw.

The best idea would be to download the latest version (V3.2.1) which no longer uses the BDE (you can do this in "Help | Check for updates").

You will still need your serial number and registration key to register the software. If you do not have this please contact Support@spansoft.org[/quote]

Thanks Nick, but just before I checked for any replies, I decided to try re-installing the software and it's fine now, I don't know why I didn't try the obvious before!

I'll come back and get the up-grade later but it's fine for the moment.

Thanks again

John