"Free trial" has ended 14 days early?

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

Binkster

"Free trial" has ended 14 days early?

Post by Binkster » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 am

Hi,

I took out a free trial of the software and up until tonight it said that I had 14 days left to run. Now ever time I go into it, it keeps telling me that my evaluation period has ended and my tree (which I've spent the last few days working on) will be stamped as 'illegal', which presumably means that it won't be printed. Why has this happened? It just went down from 14 days to nothing in an instant. I was just about to send off my completed tree to be printed!

Vicki

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 am

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our software.

There are only a few reasons why this could have happened. TreeDraw records the date that it was first used on your PC. If you have changed the system date after that or reinstalled the software then the number of days may not be accurate.

Binkster

Post by Binkster » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 am

I haven't done either- when I opened it it said 14 days left. I worked on the tree a bit and then saved it and closed it to check how big my file was, then when I opened it 5 seconds later the count down had gone to zero!

The printing company seem to think that it will print ok still as I created the tree while the software thought I was still in my trial. Is there any way for me to check that the chart isn't marked as 'illegal'? I really like the chart, but I want to see what the tree turns out like before I decide whether to buy it

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi,

That's very strange.

The best idea would be for you to register the software. Please click "Help | Register | Order now".