Adding Bracket/Parenthasis around RIN

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

soccerchick

Adding Bracket/Parenthasis around RIN

Post by soccerchick » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:53 am

Good morning all,

I am using the most current version of TreeDraw Legacy Edition and was wondering how to add either Brackets [ ] or Parenthasis ( ) around the RIN?

I know it can be done because they are there on the sample chart in TreeDraw.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kelly

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:06 pm

Please use "Options | Preferences | Import fields". Select the "Name" data type and add whatever text you like to the "Format for this data type box". Do the same for the "Child's name" data type.

TreeDraw uses whatever text and fields you have in the "Format" box to generate the text for the tree when you are importing from a Legacy file.

soccerchick

Post by soccerchick » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:24 pm

For anyone else that my have this issue:

This is what I tried the other day:

Options / Preferences / Import Fields / Name data type / <'Person> (this is to get the RIN from Legacy). This worked fine. I've got the RIN on my chart however I would like to have brackets around the RIN. I tried the following <['Person]> and <'[Person]> but I kept getting an error message saying "Format Invalid".

I was just playing around with it again and decided to put the brackets before and after the < >, i.e. [<'Person>] and [<Child's name>]. BINGO, it worked.

Thanks for your help Nick.