Can I recover from an editing slipup?

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

LeRoy Ferguson

Can I recover from an editing slipup?

Post by LeRoy Ferguson » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:44 am

I'm deep into the final editing of a 10-gen ancestor chart, and suddenly I've hit a snag and cannot proceed.

After inadvertently deleting text data from a boxed individual, I tried a manual insert through "Text". I might have acted hastily: according to "Adding Text" in Help, I should have first turned off Word Wrap. Now I am left with a mini-box that for me at least is impossible to understand or control: i.e.; I hit a Return and got overwriting.

It would be a blessing if I could start again at this data point, but the box won't go away; not through Delete, and clicking Text again makes it vanish only temporarily. And while it is there, Options/Preferences is inactive and I cannot turn off Word Wrap (if that indeed is the heart of the problem).

I'm praying there is a quick fix; if I have to start the entire chart from scratch, then it's all over for me. I've put too many hours into it; couldn't go through it again.

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:26 pm

Please press the Return key to finish editing the new text. You can then select the new text and delete it if that is what you want to do.

Using Ctrl+Return when editing text will insert a return into the text.