LegacyEdition won't print on A3 paper

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

JohnWoods

LegacyEdition won't print on A3 paper

Post by JohnWoods » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:03 am

Hi,

I’ve just purchased TreeDraw Legacy Edition and am having a printing problem.

I want to print my chart using A3 sheets.

I go into page setup and set the paper size to A3, orientation to Portrait, untick the page footer options.

In Print Setup I select the network printer that handles A3, set the paper size to A3. Choose Printer Properties and set it to A3 in there as well.

File / Print. Check properties, they are correct.

But on printing it comes out on A4 with not all the page - just the part of the selected page that would fit on an A4 sheet.

By forcing the printer to use Tray 2 (where the A3 paper is) I can get it to print on A3 paper but it just prints the A4 part of the selected page and scales it up to fill the A3 sheet.

I’ve run out of ideas. Anyone know what is happening and how I resolve it?

Thanks

John

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:10 am

It may be a printer driver problem.

As an alternative you could export the page as a PDF file and then print it from the Acrobat Reader.

Graham Hadfield

Post by Graham Hadfield » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:16 pm

I agree with Nick that it might be a driver problem.

We used to use an Epson Stylus Color 1520 and that was fine until we moved to Windows XP and had to use the Windows 2000 driver. That's the only problem we ever had with printing from TreeDraw.

We've now upgraded to a Stylus Pro 4400, running under XP, and have never had any problems - but, as it is pretty new, it came with up to date drivers anyway.

Might be best to contact your printer manufacturer for advice.

regards,
Graham

JohnWoods

Post by JohnWoods » Thu May 10, 2007 2:00 pm

Still looking into driver's but saving as a PDF first does indeed allow printing on A3.

John