Tree Draw Legacy Version 3.03 Enhancements

TreeDraw Standard Edition and TreeDraw Legacy Edition; our genealogy charting software.

Moderator: Nick Hunter

ronfergy

Tree Draw Legacy Version 3.03 Enhancements

Post by ronfergy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:18 am

I have been using the above for some twelve months and would like to suggest the following:

1) The program does not seem to recognise the Living Flag in Legacy and hence includes details of the living person. It is a pain to delete them.
2) Sometimes it is difficult to tell when a person has been updated automatically. Please can this be flagged in some way?
3) If the import is set to include, say, place of death and none is available subsequent updates will not include the change. Is it possible to correct this?

It may be that I am missing something here, if so I would be grateful for advice and/or a work around.

Ron Ferguson

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Thank you for your suggestions.

(1) and (2) are certainly a possibility for a future version.

(3) As long as you have a text element which has been created by importing someones "Person details" and that was formatted to include Place of death then a later update will add it. If the person did not have any "Person details" in the first place then there will be no text element for TreeDraw to update. This is also true if you add someone to Legacy, they will not be added to TreeDraw as part of an update.

ronfergy

Post by ronfergy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:49 pm

Many thanks for your reply, Nick, and I look forward to my 1 and 2 being included in the future (no too distant, I hope).

WRT 3. Would I be correct in thinking the even a full stop (period) would do as a "place holder"?

Ron Ferguson

Nick Hunter

Post by Nick Hunter » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:08 pm

Yes that would work.

ronfergy

Post by ronfergy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:33 pm

Many thanks again, Nick. Guess I've some work to do!

Ron Ferguson